Golden Globes Glamour
It’s all about the bob
If you had your eyes peeled at the recent Golden Globes, then you’d have noticed that the hottest hair trend gracing the red carpet was, by far the glorious bob. The stars channelling this look du jour included Girl’s actress Zosia Mamet, who unveiled a choppy new look, and the ever-elegant Cate Blanchett who exuded silver screen goddess with a glossy bob-inspired up-do.
The beauty of this trend is that if you’re not ready to commit to the real deal, then you can make like Cate and follow these simple steps to the faux bob of your dreams.
- Part your hair as desired.
- For long hair, bring together the last 4 inches of your hair, plait and secure with a band.
- Holding the bottom of the plait, roll your hair until it is tucked neatly into the nape of the neck.
- Pin in place using TONI&GUY twisted u-pins – ideal for both long and short hair.
- To keep your ’do in place, spray label.m’s conditioning hairspray liberally.
- A final spritz of label.m shine mist and you’re red carpet ready.